Monday, June 8, 2009

Scrapbook Getaway

I recently joined a group on Meetup.com called Sensational Scrappers of the West Valley. I wanted to join to make new friends with artsy people who share my passions. This weekend was my first experience...we went to a timeshare at Scottsdale Links Resort for the weekend and scrapbooked like madwomen. My friend Jennifer went too, since she is my partner in crime when it comes to all things scrapbook related. We were a little apprehensive going because we didn't know any of the other girls and didn't know if they were psycho killers or anything crazy like that. The minute we walked through the door, though, we knew that we were going to make new friends and have a blast. The two girls who hosted the event were totally awesome and outdid themselves with contests, door prizes and goody bags. And they had the greatest personalities too! They were crazy, but in a good way. We were all so sad to leave and go back to reality. The good news is that they are going to have more of these getaways and since we went to the first one, we get first dibbs on the rest. Can't wait! I'll post pics of what I made while I was there once I unpack everything. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment