Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First ATCs

About a month ago, I became very interested in Artist Trading Cards. For those of you that don't know what they are, they are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 mini works of art. You can use any medium you want, but the majority of the ones I have seen contain some kind of collage. The best part about these cards is that when you are finished making them, you get to swap them with other artists. So not only do you end up making your own art, you get art from other people. I think it's the coolest thing ever, and it gives me something new to use my art and scrapbooking supplies on.



So far I have participated in 3 swaps. The first was titled 'Psychadelica', second was 'Andy Warhol' and the third was 'Eiffel Tower'. I've signed up for about 6 more so I've got a lot of work to do.


I have been making a few extra cards to keep for myself for each swap theme. Here are some pics of what I've done so far....





No comments:

Post a Comment